Monday 22 August 2016

Update: Head/Hair


I have modeled the head and it was actually quite a challenge. Honestly I had way too many Edge Loops so I deleted some, which made it more blocky but the teachers said it was fine. One of the most troubling things about this was the neck, it was pretty hard to make it come down to a point nicely and I struggled with that a lot. However the problems were mostly caused by too many edge loops and vertexes so once I deleted them it became much easier to manage.


For the joints I had added some edge loops around the crotch to make his legs be able to actually move. I also added extra edge loops around the bottom of the jacket and trousers so when it is smoothed out they edges are more visible.



This is the starting of my bow. For now it is just a square extruded from a circle/cube.


For my hair the teachers helped me by making a flat plane and continuously extuding until I get all around the head. For the eyes I had used a sphere but I plan on getting rid of the triangles later. Also am going to make the eyebrows out of cubes and the mouth will be a seperate object sitting on top of the head that I will manipulate into expressions.


No comments:

Post a Comment