Thursday 25 August 2016

Hair/Hands




Today I started to really flesh out the hair - adding the under edges to make it less of a 2D plane and also shaping the head so it was more smooth. Some things that I had a little trouble with was making the fringe look nice in 3D, as my turnarounds were not that accurate in terms of the shape.


There were still some sharp edges in here but when I smooth them out it seems to not be as much of a problem. When I mirror the two sides I'll need to shift the left fringe a little as his hair is asymmetrical. I'll need to fit in his ears soon - I dont know if I should extrude from his head or create them from a seperate object. Either way I should get it done soon.


Today I also created the hands for my character. At first this was pretty challenging but as I went on it became a lot easier to see what would work and what wouldn't work. The thumb was an extrusion from the hand, it surprisingly went alright and didn't look out of place as I thought it would. The teacher helped me make an edge loop around the base of the thumb however this created some problems in the form of triangles and 5sided shapes. Thankfully I had the help of some classmates to weed them out - if not I wouldn't have been able to get rid of them as fast as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment