Monday 8 August 2016

Iaven Extended Concept


Last week we had a peer critique session where we sat down and judged each others characters designs. Today we got them back and I have to say.. not very helpful in terms of changing my character design. However I have gathered some feedback into some bullet points here:

- Adding a nose might make it easier to translate into 3D.
- Look out for the neck bow being placed too high, as it might restrist head movemnt.
- I should think about how the character is looked at in a 3D enviornment, eg. the basic shapes and shading.
- I should maybe give him some more unique quirks such as a pattern on the bow or "something else to show is personality a bit more"
- Keeping an eye on the relative ages of other characters, maybe add some straight lines to compliment the curves of his body.
- Looking out for the floppiness levels of his bow/ how rigid it is.

Some advice that I might take is making a test model in Maya to test out his shapes. I feel like this character is made up of circles and cylinder shapes so it should be relatively easy to shape.

Colour Schemes



Today I blocked up some colour schemes that I could try with my characters. I asked around for my classmate's favourite colour schemes and a lot of people preferred the lighter colours such as the red haired one and the first one. Personally I like the light pink haired colour scheme or the blue haired one.

Tomorrow we will be having a second peer critique session so I hope that I can come to a solid desicion by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment