Wednesday 18 May 2016

Progress Gifs

1.


2.

The progress difference between the two are quite simple but effective in making the animation time a bit longer. In the first gif it I had made the snake open it's third eye by the end of the transformation, and the only difference into turning into a dragon is that it gains colour and wings/ I wanted to make a physical transformation a bit more obvious by separating the colour and wings from the third eye. Therefore in the second gif the snake transforms by gaining colour, wings, horns and finally opening the third eye.

I am not quite finished with all the key frames as I want the pause before opening the third eye a bit more obvious, maybe by tilting it's head a bit more?

For the colouring style I am not sure if I want to keep it so sketchy and out of the outlines. I think that it is a nice effect but I am not sure how well it will translate into a finished picture. Colouring style is something I will have to experiment in the future.

I had asked the teacher for advice around this point and he mentioned that I should make the snake a bit more fluid and dynamic. I agree with him and will be making the adjustments after I cement the animation into something that I like. I would also like the make the animation a bit longer as at the moment it is exactly 4 seconds and I do not want this to be the bare minimum time required.

---

For Scarlet's animation I would like the add a part in the beginning of the animation where she is actually drawing the picture and throwing the picture into the air. Adding some flying leaves in the air to show the presence of wind is something I also have to add. 

Overall I have a lot of work to do but I think that I will get it done in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment