Thursday 27 October 2016

Weighting Iaven

I've done the weighting of my character after a lot of pain because I decided to manually paint them on. I worked in black and white for this as I thought the colour map was too difficult to do.




The wrist and elbow still gives me a lot of trouble when I try to pose my character, the wrist is hard to twist properly and just looks a little broken - maybe I could try weighting the sleeves along with it.



The head and bow are seperate objects from the body, thus I had to cleanup the weights that connected them together for some reason. The whole head is one object that doesn't really have any independent parts that move other than the hairpiece so I just weighted the whole thing as one piece. The bow has 4 joints that move the top and bottom two pieces so that they are able to move and bounce around as I need them to.

Overall I think I've enjoyed weighting my character, and it is not as difficult as I remember it being which is good. There are some things that I need to fix but I can fix them as I pose my character further. 


No comments:

Post a Comment