Wednesday 1 June 2016

Wing Research

So now that I'm reaching the stage where I have to flesh out what I want the wings to do and where to go. I'm actually thinking that I don't need to animate the third eye? Because I want the head to tilt up as if the snake/dragon is roaring, or if I dont do that maybe just a small head tilt upwards to show that Riverford is looking at the audience very elegantly. I think that because the starting of the animation is quite rough and snappy, it would be a good contrast to end the animation smoothly, but I'll see how it goes.



[Dragonair from "Pokemon" is a good reference to use due to it's shape language being very similar to riverford]

I researched some animations of wings, mostly feather wings although they should follow the same physics as dragon wings:

[Anime Refrences]

   


[Movie Refrences: Maleficent, Black Swan]


   


Although I did find a few dragons, I was thinking of maybe changing it so the wings go in front of Riverford, then expand outwards from there? It's worth a try I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment