Thursday 24 November 2016

Pre-Render Test


This is the pre-render test of my character walking. I had quite a few animation layers of him doing things but I decided that him walking and looking around felt in-character and looks quite cute as well. The lighting in this scene is not what was rendered, he was overly saturated and overexposed in my test renders so I had to lower everything quite a bit to the point where he looked like he was walking at night time in the maya scene! The lighting was a little bit of a struggle for me but I think I pulled it off in the end as he looks just how I wanted him to.

First Test Render

There was also this thing where I accidently set the export quality to 100 instead of 1, therefore the renders that was coming out took forever! I set it to render overnight and it only did around 34 in 11hours, whoops! I also had some help from the teacher in placing the shadows and whatnot. I did some test renders for the shadows and they turned out hilarious due to some parts of the character's polygons still visible!


[The final Render Quality/Lighting]

No comments:

Post a Comment